Friday, August 29, 2008

Medical consult at the Pizza Palace

My doctor called tonight at 8:20 p.m. while we were in the throes of a "Back-to-School" Bash at the local pizza palace. All the bells and whistles: neverending buffet, big screen TVs, mini-golf!, bumper cars, arcade, etc.

Needless to say, it was not the ideal location to discuss my medical future.

Thank heavens for cell phones. I would have never guessed he would have called me so late!

After 20 minutes of weighing the options with him, we decided to be conservative and try a 10 day round of antibiotics. Afterwards, we will repeat the CT scan and see how it effected the mass.

Currently, I am a week into my Amoxicillin from the family practice doctor. Now adding Levaquin to the antibiotic cocktail.

On a side note, M2 has also been coughing for a very long time, so, in light of what has been going on with me, we took him to the doctor yesterday and got an xray. His pediatrician seemed to feel that he and I have the same thing (walking pneumonia), it is just manefesting itself differently in me than in him. The xray was clear. Praise God!

No comments: