Saturday, August 30, 2008

When God Speaks

The Lord woke me up at 4 a.m. today. I have to drive carpool this morning, so I whined a prayer something like this: "God, can I please go back to sleep? I have to get up in 2 hours."

It is not very often that I literally "hear" the Lord (the Holy Spirit) speak to me, but when it happens, it is very significant in my life.

God: "PRAISE ME FOR HEALING YOU"

Me: "OK" (What else can you say to God? I figured in my groggy state, that no matter what, live or die, He will heal me.) "Lord, I praise you for healing me. Can I go back to sleep now?"

Eventually sleep came again.

Now when God speaks, I am learning, you can never truly know what He means until the entire plan has been fulfilled. And so it is with this. Right now, I don't know what that means, nor will I pretend that I do.

For now, I am content to trust that He is there and that He is in control.

No comments: