Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Michael/Happy St. Patrick's Day

I've always had fun celebrating St. Patrick's Day. Making green eggs, or green milk, or whatever food that isn't green that can be made green. Another excuse to make what would otherwise be an ordinary day, extraordinary.

And I like to wear green. I am a "fall" and so green is one of my "colors".

Two years ago, St. Patrick's Day took on a new, special meaning for me and my family.

We said "hello" and "goodbye" to our fifth child, a son, Michael Daniel.

He has a story all his own, that I hope to eventually add to this blog.

But for now, I wanted to share what a birthday looks like (at least for our family) after losing a child:





Each of the kids released a green balloon and we watched them float "up to heaven". The fog from this morning was clearing and we saw them go into the clouds and then a minute later, they came out the top. It was amazing!




Happy Birthday, Michael!

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Steve said...

Happy birthday M5

Devin said...

Praying for you today as I read this...I know I am several days late reading, but I am still praying anyway.

I, for one, would be honored to know the story of Michael. I look forward to when you are comfortable sharing it here.

Happy (belated) birthday, sweet glory baby.

j said...

I will pray for your family today. Happy Birthday to Michael - how blessed he is to have been loved so much.