Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did NOT almost burst into tears driving carpool when M1 told me that I had received a standing ovation from his history class for completing radiation. (They take prayer requests at the beginning of class each day.)

I was NOT extremely proud of my multi-tasking ability when I, having only a towel wrapped around my torso (for my CT scan), managed to KEEP the towel wrapped around my torso while ALSO keeping the CT table (which was supposed to be fastened down) from crashing to the floor as it tilted precariously under me. (Luckily, help arrived quickly!)

I was NOT confused by the clear view out of my van windows after wiping them all down with window cleaner. I did NOT think that something was actually wrong with my windows. It could NOT have been so long since the last time I cleaned them that I could have become accustomed to the obscured view through a thick build up of film and fingerprints.

I have NOT allowed my four-year-old to believe that he can place a stick in the oven and it will magically turn into some edible food product, like pancakes or corn dogs. How would he ever learn to feed himself someday, thinking all he has to do is put a stick in the oven?!?

I DID NOT interrupt the unusual ritual of applying makeup to unlock the gate for the mowers and then forget to finish, thus walking around all day with mascara on only one eye.

I COULD NOT have forgotten to give out party favors to ALL the attendees of M2's birthday party. After all, I had nothing else on my mind, but how I had spent an hour and a half before and during the party trying to get our Clearplay DVD player to work, which contained the movie that the entire party was planned around. And when unsuccessful at getting the movie extracted from said DVD player, I DID NOT call in a back up Clearplay DVD player and another copy of the captive movie, only to have that player decide between its home and our home that it was NOT (really) going to work either. And then I DID NOT drag the travel DVD player in to play an alternate movie in its (almost) entirety before THAT DVD player decided to die as well.

No comments: