Friday, June 5, 2009

What a Day (or two . . .)!

I flew out of Honolulu International Airport at 9 p.m. Hawaii time, which was 2 a.m. local time. Was in the air for about 8 hours. Slept for about 4 hours. Arrived at IAH at 9:45 a.m. local time.

From the airport, my sweet friend Marie W. took me to visit our dear sister in Christ, Carol, who was moved to hospice while I was out of town. It was precious to get to see her one more time.

We had lunch and then spent the better part of the afternoon at M.D. Anderson taking care of my three month tests. Bloodwork, Chest X-ray, (nap on the couch in the "hospitality" area) and CT scan. First time I've ever had an IV "blow". THAT was not fun. I used to say I enjoyed going to get tests done. How I love hospitals. But the novelty is starting to wear off . . .

I didn't get home until after 7 p.m. Thanks to my sweet friend, Marie H. the kids are fed and tired from swimming all afternoon.

And I am deleriously tired.

No comments: