Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

We started the day with a fun breakfast. We don't often get to eat breakfast as a family. And Valentine's breakfast has been a tradition for a few years:



Then my parents and my Aunt Judy kept the M's so Don and I could go out to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. (YUM!!):



Valentine's Day is definitely one of my FAVORITE holidays. I love red, hearts and telling people I love just how much I love them!

Eighteen years ago this past week (February 11, 1991) Don proposed to me with a sweet Sheltie puppy we named "Sandy".

Two years ago on Valentine's Day we announced we were expecting our fifth child:




Last year I was still grieving the loss of our sweet Michael.

But this year, oh, this year, I am grateful for LIFE and HEALING and LOVE!

4 comments:

Khadra said...

Valentines day is obviously a very important day for you.

Happy Belated Valentine's Day :)

redbyrd said...

i stumbled upon your blog today. i am touched by your courage. and bravery. and faith. we lost our daughter, sydney grace last year at 31 weeks...my heart aches for you and with you on your loss as well with your son, just to say that i "get" it...hope you find comfort today in God bringing you a total stranger from NM who is touched by your story and ongoing journey with your faith in the latest trial you are facing, knowing that you are being prayed for. blessings to you and your family.

Aspiemom said...

Your Valentines Day looked very special!

I've never been to Cheesecake Factory but my sister has raved about it.

Anonymous said...

Molly,
God allowed me to come accross your blog yesterday, but you don't know me personally. I would be honored to join you and your family in prayer as you cling to the Father and share your life through your blog. Thanks for sharing how God is showing Himself to be your Refiner, Restorer, and Hope in the midst of your journey. I am praying Malachi 4:2 for you right now "But for you Molly, who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves realeased from the stall. Then you will trample down the wicked, they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on teh day when I do these things," says the Lord Almighty. I will continue to lift you and your family up to the Father and claim God's promises as you walk in His healing.
Wendy Ingram
Colorado Springs, CO