Sunday, November 9, 2008

Things don't always go as planned

My week last week didn't go as I had planned. I should have known that as soon as I posted a "routine" my life would be anything but.

Like I said in my previous post, my bad "half-day" came early, on Monday. The plan was for my SIL Erin to be here on Wednesday night for the bad days Thursday and Friday. Luckily, my parents were available and got me through the bad night. And Erin got to stay home for my niece, Anna's, birthday. God had it all worked out.

So, since my bad days came on what were supposed to be my productive days, I thought I would get productive days on what were supposed to be my bad days. But what I got were very tired days. No productivity there. And not much energy for anything else. Luckily, there wasn't much to do. God is in control.

On a bigger scale, things didn't exactly go my way in the presidential election this week either. As we watched the votes come in, disappointment poured over our house, just like it did in 46% of the households in America. But then, John McCain gave his speech to the nation. And he said, "He (Obama) is my President". May we all have the patriotism to say the same. And be obedient to our call to pray for him as our leader. Because I am sure that if God can take care of the little details in my life this week, by golly, He's got a handle on the White House.

. . . for dominion belongs to the LORD and he rules over the nations. Proverbs 8:15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to second what you stated, "God is in control". So very true and wise words.
Teresa