Saturday, January 17, 2009

Halfway Mark

Yesterday marked the halfway point of my radiation treatments. Only 10 more to go!

It is going by so fast! But it is a relatively short treatment period.

I am very thankful that my cancer is not only extremely responsive to chemo (which is why I only needed six rounds of chemo) but also extremely responsive to radiation (which is why I need "low dose" radiation that translates out to be a short duration of treatments).

So far, the only side effect I am noticing (besides the large number of miles we are putting on our vehicles for the daily trek to the med center!) is a mild cough. So mild that I only cough three or four times a day.

And hopefully, having the weekend for my lungs to recover a little will make the cough go away, at least for a few days.

I had a CT scan yesterday to look at the tumor/scar tissue/whatever that is remaining in my chest. We will find out Monday if there has been any change. If it is significantly smaller they will redo my radiation plan and reduce the area that is radiated. Wouldn't that be great?!?

2 comments:

Steve said...

Hi Molly,

It sounds as though things keep improving. Keep the positive thoughts going! We are all with you and praying for you.

Steve in MD

Anonymous said...

Glad it's going well, Molly. I continue to look for more good news :)

Doug Mc