Saturday, April 11, 2009

Looking for Julie

Once you go through something difficult in life, you become unwittingly a member of "the club". Whether it is being laid off from your job, having an external fixation device (like my husband did on his crushed leg), losing a child, having cancer, or facing any other crisis that life may throw your way. It is not something you choose, it chooses you.

But, once you become part of "the club" you have a choice of what to do with your experience. You can let it consume you, you can master it, you can help support others through similar circumstances.

After surviving my experience with cancer, I feel it is a priviledge to be there as a support and encouragement for others just beginning their journey into its unknowns.

While there are many similarities shared between cancer patients' experiences, because of the varied nature of cancer, treatment, life circumstances, and responses, there are obviously many differences.

So, Julie, if you read this, would you please use the link on the left sidebar of my blog and email me? I am trying to find you! Short of camping-out at Target (where we met) I can't figure out another way. There is no way to respond to your comment here on my blog.

I have just learned about a friend-of-a-friend who is in a similar life situation to yours and been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. If you would be willing, I would love to pass your email address on to this person.

Thanks,

1 comment:

Elaine. said...

Hi Molly,
Found your Christmas letter again, and catching up on your blog. Glad God is answering prayers and you sound wonderful. God will give you the energy, a bit a a time. You are in my prayers. Love and miss you and Don. Give the kids a hug.
Blessings.
Elaine
htt://divitakniesart.blogspot.com