Saturday, April 18, 2009

When life melts your chocolate bunnies . . .

They should put warning labels on chocolate Easter bunnies: "Do NOT leave unattended in a car for any length of time, especially in the southern states." It does not take much heat to turn a cute and very appetizing chocolate bunny into a disgusting looking blob.

Why do I write this, you might ask? Because, of course, it happened to us this year.

My brother and sister-in-law came down for Easter. We were consolidating our efforts to bring much Easter weekend happiness to all six of our combined children.

Over the course of the weekend, all six of the kids' bunnies were inadvertantly left in a vehicle, where they made their hideous transformation.

Because looking at them was downright appalling, it was suggested that they just be thrown away.

But my ever resourceful mother suggested saving the chocolate for melting down later, stuck the blobs in a plastic bag, and tossed them in her freezer.

Jump to Wednesday this week, when my precious friend, Kim, shows up on my front doorstep with four pounds of the BIGGEST strawberries known to mankind. They are actually called GIANT on the label.

As soon as I looked at them, I said, "These would make great chocolate covered strawberries!"

And, as soon as Kim left, I called my mom and asked for some chocolate.



They were, by far, the best tasting chocolate covered strawberries we had ever made!

The next day, I went to the store and bought all the left-over chocolate bunnies I could find, too!

No comments: