Monday, September 15, 2008

Please Pray

I spent the day trying to get my biopsy scheduled. Calling the hospital every hour after talking with the scheduler at 7:30 this morning.

I could feel myself gradually losing it all day today. All of my energy has been used this weekend to make it until today. To KNOW that the biopsy is scheduled and that we continue to move forward. Having to survive the weekend through a hurricane is bad enough on its own.

Finally, at 4 o'clock, I got through to the scheduler again. He said they wouldn't be scheduling elective procedures until at least next week. (My hospital along with most hospitals in the area are not scheduling elective procedures due to the post-hurricane damage/city-wide power outage.) They are only doing emergency procedures. I asked him what my other options were. He said I really didn't have any (to which I said, "become an emergency?)

I called the doctor's office back and completely lost it. I told her I would go to another city, but I couldn't wait until next week. She said she would call and talk to the doctor. Don came home and found me in a state of hysteria and talked with them again.

Please pray that I can get in somewhere in the next few days.

Thanks,

No comments: