Sunday, October 12, 2008

Good Days

We continue to learn the "two week cycle".

Feeling better Saturday was a huge answer to prayer for me because it was my Dad's birthday and I really wanted to feel good that day. My Mom and Dad have been helping out so much and it is great to have them around. But it was my Dad's day and I definitely didn't want the focus to be on me.

Dad and I had a hysterical trip with M4 to M1's baseball game on Saturday. That stuff that goes in the Darth Vader mask - it's a stimulant (and he's feeling much better). M4 talked non-stop for over three hours. It made us tired just to listen to him. He was especially concerned with navigating us to the fields using the mapquest map. Even M1 could hear him from the stands in the dugout once we made it to the game.

It was a beautiful day to be at the ballpark and see M1 make some great plays at first base and right field and hit a solid single which led to his being the tying run. (They ended up winning the game.)

It was great to have my brother, Allen, and his family in town to celebrate Dad's birthday all together, too.

And Sunday was better than Saturday.

I actually think in some ways I feel better than I did before I started chemo. (I remember the woman sitting next to me during chemo saying she didn't know how sick she had really been until after she started chemo and felt better.)

It is encouraging to think that the tumor must be shrinking, because I have not coughed since my first treatment. My heart is definitely beating easier. Besides being generally fatigued, I honestly think I feel better than I have in months.

At least for a few days.

Please pray for me as I get ready to start the cycle over on Thursday. It is impossible to wrap my brain around the idea that I am willingly choosing to poison myself again. Especially now that I know what I'm in for. I have to say I am a little apprehensive.

Thank you everyone for the continuous flow of encouraging words via email and cards. It lifts my spirit each and every day.


4 comments:

Pam said...

...and you lift our spirits through your courage, perseverance, and FAITH in His power to heal.
http://www.savedhealed.com/healing.htm

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Precious Mickey must react to his breathing treaments as his Mommy does to prednisone!! I missed him and Cori and Kara today as I walked the streets of Chicago..I look forward to next Monday:-) Hugs and kisses to you all and so glad to hear you are doing better..Love, Mista Cumber

Steve said...

Hi Molly,

Today was my first chance to look at your blog. You sound as though you are doing very well and that your spirits and your faith are helping you through this trying time. I just want to say that I fully understand your apprehension to the next round of chemo. It's natural. However, visualizing the tumor reduction with each passing moment helped me out a great deal while I went through my chemo sessions. Remember to take what you learned from each round and build on that. For me it made each round go a little easier. I am praying for you and am hoping that this round goes well.

~ Steve E. from MD