Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Update

I guess you guys might like to know how I am doing these days. As you can see from recent posts, it has been a busy weekend of birthdays.

My "steroid days" which were Friday through Tuesday after chemo #2 were very constructive. I have learned (very quickly) to use those days to the fullest because my body and mind go 90 to nothing and I know the days of "nothing" are coming.

So by Thursday, my bad day, I literally have nothing to do but just make it through.

And this time, it was much better. The pain was considerably less, thanks to much muscle rubbing by family and friends. And a great massage at the spa (thanks, Marie!) Whereas I needed narcotics the first time around, all I took this time was Advil. BIG improvement!

While the pain was much less, it allowed the fatigue to be much more evident. But, as my dad said, there's a solution to that: rest. So that is what I did.

I had a "substitute" SIL to come help me last week, my sister-in-Christ, Marie W. She worked while I rested. And she did it with great joy. Thank you, my friend!

Now I am gearing up for round #3 this Thursday. If I only end up with six rounds (instead of eight), that means I am half-way through! (We won't know exactly how many rounds for a few more weeks.)

As always, thanks for praying, and for checking up on me,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Molly,
The pleasure was all mine and the joy came from you -- I never cease to marvel at the incredible woman you are. And, it came from the little M's -- they are each a special treasure. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share the time with you and to serve you. I'll be there again if you call. (Gal 6:2)
Loving you, Marie W.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. Your "prayer warriors" of the West are praying it will be six treatments and that you are almost at the half way mark! This is our scripture verse for each day when we pray for your healing in His name: John 14: 13-14
"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."